When we went to Bryce Canyon I felt like I was on top of the world! We looked at the views of different places. One was called "Bryce Point". My Dad and my brother are scared of heights. My brother went on Bryce point for a little bit. He had jelly legs. Dad didn't go to Bryce Point at all. I don't blame them-at one part there was no fence to protect you from the 8,300 feet fall.
The other cool view point was called Natural Bridge. It was an arch in sandstone.
There was things called hoodoos. The hoodoos were formed by erosion. They are tall spires of stone. The Indian legends said hoodoos were people turned into stone by a trickster coyote.
Then pioneers came. The reason the canyon was called Bryce Canyon is because a Mormon settler Ebenezer Bryce settled in the area. He said "It is a hell of a place to lose a cow".
I was bummed that we didn't have enough time to hike, but we had a lot of fun.





No comments:
Post a Comment